What to Expect in Worship
We gather in worship to find meaning and live more deeply. Worship creates connections within, among, and beyond us, calling us to our better selves, calling us to live with wisdom and compassion.
Elements of our Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Murfreesboro Sunday morning worship service include:
- Words of welcome
- Lighting a flaming chalice, the symbol of our faith
- Readings—ancient or contemporary
- Music, both instrumental and vocal and in a variety of styles
- A multigenerational segment, such as a “story for all ages”
- A time for lifting up the joys and concerns of the congregation
- A meditation or prayer
- A sermon given by a professional minister, a guest speaker, or a member of the congregation
- An offering, collecting financial donations for the congregation or for justice work in the community.
- Announcements about the upcoming congregation or community events.
- A short talk back about the sermon.
We hope you will join us at one of our upcoming Sunday morning worship services.